Леся

Test your active vocabulary!

229 сообщений в этой теме

8 530 I wonder how i did it unsure.gif My english is not so good as they think biggrin.gif

Поделиться сообщением

I have great result for a peson who never learned english after school course - 9360.

Поделиться сообщением

The test authors finally produced some data for non-native speakers!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif As they mentioned in their answer: "In fact, Russia has generated almost half as much participation as the U.S., Germany has produced nearly 6,000 visits, China over 5,000, and Iran exactly 4,000 as we write this. We've even had solitary visits from Namibia and Zambia." punk.gif

The message and all kinds of interactive charts are available here: http://testyourvocab.com/blog/2011-07-25-N...gn-learners.php. And the main result of course is this one:
user posted image

Поделиться сообщением

Леся,, thank you! very interesting! I especially liked this part...
Living abroad gets you to and beyond 10,000. Up to one year abroad brings the average student from around 7,000 to around 10,000 words. After that, every year abroad gives you around 850 more words, or around 2.35 per day. (Compare that to the average American adult who learns 0.85 per day.)

bb.gif

Поделиться сообщением

My husband just took it. He falls in the exact average for a native speaker biggrin2.gif

Поделиться сообщением

I known 1430 words sad.gif blink.gif

Поделиться сообщением

QUOTE(Леся @ Jul 26 2011, 20:59)
QUOTE(Dead-by-Chocolade @ Jul 21 2011, 00:23)
Yeppee! 22300! Great!

Just noticed! Wow! user posted image

How have you managed to get the hang of so many? blush2.gif

Lol, just lucky I guess biggrin2.gif had easy words bleh.gif
The first part was easy-peasy, I knew them all; in the second part I was lucky enough to get horsy slang and medical terms whistling.gif

P.s. Just took it again. Almost same result thumbsup.gif

Поделиться сообщением

QUOTE(Kuzik @ Jul 29 2011, 19:34)
My husband just took it. He falls in the exact average for a native speaker  biggrin2.gif

And his mother tongue is Russian? Nice!
QUOTE(Dead-by-Chocolade @ Jul 31 2011, 11:41)
P.s. Just took it again. Almost same result  thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
Reading you, girls, here and cannot understand how you manage to reach such proficiency huh.gif dfh.gif biggrin2.gif What would you name to be the most important factor? Reading books/newspapers, watching TV, socializing (though I assume the last one is not the most enriching method angel_innocent.gif ) ?

Give us please a piece of your own experience! flowers1.gif

Поделиться сообщением

Hey girls, hi everyone:) it's my first post,however I am reading frequently topics in English here:) I wonder why I couldn't vote to show my result. I got 20,200:) surprised!

Поделиться сообщением

QUOTE(Pantera @ Aug 3 2011, 01:22)
Hey girls, hi everyone:) it's my first post,however I am reading frequently topics in English here:) I wonder why I couldn't vote to show my result. I got 20,200:) surprised!

Hello Pantera hi.gif Great result! thumbsup.gif You will be able to vote here when you have more than 100 posts on the forum - rules (Note #2) shuffle.gif

Поделиться сообщением

QUOTE(Pantera @ Aug 3 2011, 00:22)

Congrats on your good result bb.gif
You'll be able to vote after 100 posts bigwink.gif

Поделиться сообщением

Congrats on your good result bb.gif
You'll be able to vote after 100 posts bigwink.gif
[/quote]
Oh thanx sweetie, I didn't know that...

Поделиться сообщением

QUOTE(Kuzik @ Jul 29 2011, 19:34)
My husband just took it. He falls in the exact average for a native speaker  biggrin2.gif

Wow! Great! And as I got it his mother tongue is Russian?

So Kuzik, Dead-by-Chocolade, Pantera, girls! Tell me how do you do it? huh.gif flowers1.gif What gave you the best result: reading books, watching movies, socializing bestbook.gif xcb.gif gossip.gif Though I suppose the last one is not the most efficient way brows.gif People in general do not use that much words in everyday life (judging by my used Russian vocabulary biggrin2.gif ).

Поделиться сообщением

Леся, hehe no, my husband is native speaker. He was expected to get more, but he is just an average. And I even know why - he doesn't reed much! So for your question, yes, in order to improve your vocabulary you need to read books in English, watch movies. But the biggest part of my words from this test were scientific words, cause I also study in English...

Поделиться сообщением

3,470 words mellow.gif

Поделиться сообщением

My score is ~3000 words sad.gif

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас

• Сейчас на странице   0 пользователей

Нет пользователей, просматривающих эту страницу